Projects to Finish
1. Courthouse Steps quilt for a friend
I'm hoping to finish this one before leaving for QuiltCon in mid February. It's currently a completed quilt top. I found a Florence fabric in my stash that will work for the backing, it's not quite big enough so I'll do a little piecing. I have three left over (mistake) blocks that I plan to incorporate into the backing.
2. Swedish Bloom quilt for Anna
I've been procrastinating on this quilt for months, stumped on how to make it wider. I've decided to keep it simple and have ordered more of the Wee Wander print to make two wide borders for each side. I may yet change my mind again!! I plan to send this quilt out for quilting so I really have no excuse not to finish it in the next three months.
3. Strawberry pillow for Anna
Oh dear, this one has been a WIP for nearly 18 months, crazy! It's just a pillow! I've made three strawberries, but I'm told it needs to be bigger so I'm planning on making six more strawberries. This is one of those projects that once I get started I should finish in a day or two.
4. Octagonal Orb quilt for Care Circle do.GoodStitches
Four projects to finish up and two projects to start, because starting is way more fun!
Projects to start
1. A pineapple quilt similar to Melissa's pineapple quiltOr more correctly, blatantly copied from Melissa's quilt! This is the block I made for Melissa, I've since started collecting a few more navy prints.
2. A tobacco leaf quilt from the book Denyse Schmidt Modern Quilts Traditional InspirationI love this quilt so much I'm tempted to blatantly copy this one as well! I've started collecting a few fabrics for this quilt too.
Linking up to 2015 Finish-Along with Adrianne at On the Windy Side. Click on the button below to see what everyone else is working on.